The Alfresco Room’s Top Tips To Creating The Most Stylish Outdoor Setting
When you invite family over for a summer barbecue or have friends round for an afternoon drink on the deck, you want them to be left speechless by your gorgeous outdoor entertainment area. The Alfresco Room is a Sunshine Coast outdoor furniture store specialising in bringing luxury coastal furniture into the homes of people all over the coast. Our team have been working in the luxury furniture industry for years, and we have a few tips we’d like to impart about creating the most stylish alfresco entertainment while also suggesting practical items for the harsh coastal environment.
Choosing The Perfect Outdoor Furniture On The Sunshine Coast
When selecting any new outdoor furniture, you’ll want to make sure they’re items your family will enjoy for many years to come. Before heading to outdoor furniture stores on the Sunshine Coast, consider the following points.
- Consider furniture materials carefully. While our outdoor furniture range is made of the highest quality timbers and fabrics, it’s important to consider your exposure to rain , salt and sun when settling on the right furniture for you . If you choose to purchase furniture made from linen, cotton, or straw, you may need a safe, dry space to store it when it isn’t in use. However, if you’d like something that will sit outside during all seasons, select something durable like hardy teak , aluminum frames and rope.
- Only buy what you think you’ll use. If you usually only entertain 4-6 guests at a time, there’s no need to buy an enormous 12-seater entertainment set. Fill your alfresco space with useful pieces of carefully selected furniture.
- Choose something that ties in with your house. When choosing outdoor furniture in Noosaville, you’ll first need to consider the interior of your home. Ideally, you want all your furniture and living spaces to blend seamlessly, so stick to colours and materials you’ve used frequently throughout your home.
Finishing Touches To Transform Your Alfresco Dining Space
Once you’ve picked the perfect outdoor furniture, you’ll need a few finishing touches to make your alfresco area look breathtaking. Fortunately, The Alfresco Room’s Noosa outdoor furniture store stock a wide range of decor and homewares to polish off the room.
- Cushions. Pillows and cushions are a fantastic way to create harmony between indoor and outdoor spaces. Feel free to play around with colour, texture, and style to add depth to your outdoor area. Try the Ava cushion for a splash of warmth and the Versailles cushion for some texture.
- Plants. Outdoor plants can bring a welcome splash of greenery to any space. For a coastal atmosphere, try using plants with a lot of structure like a ladyfinger palm.
- Occasional Outdoor Rugs. When styling outdoor spaces its important to consider we like to move in and out of the sun depending on time of day and seasons. An outdoor occasional chair like the daisy wing chair and the NH occasional chair are great choices that are sun hardy and mobile.
- Lighting. Whether you’re using lamps, citronella candles, standard candles, or outdoor heaters, a source of warm lighting does wonders for an alfresco space. Consider these candle holders or this Ivy & Wood Australian Natives candle for your outdoor entertainment space.
- Tableware. Consider getting a specific set of crockery for dining and entertaining outdoors. Hand-thrown clay and stone sets are elegant yet simple, easy to tie into any colour palette and blur the lines between indoor and alfresco dining. Try the Robert Gordon range at The Alfresco Room. The earthy tones are bound to look spectacular in any setting.
Tips To Making Your Outdoor Entertainment Space Perfect All Year Round
If you’d like to make an alfresco space you can enjoy all year round, grab your homewares and outdoor furniture in Noosa from The Alfresco room. Here are a few tips on how to make the most of your outdoor space any time of the year.
- Summer. The summer will be hot, so make sure your alfresco space has adequate shade throughout. At The Alfresco Room, we do more than just outdoor furniture on the Sunshine Coast. We can source premium marine-grade umbrellas to suit any space. Enquire today to organise one for summer.
- Autumn. As the weather cools, you’ll want to make sure your guests aren’t feeling the chill. Place comfy cushions and a throw or two on any outdoor seating to keep everyone toasty and warm. The Alfresco Room’s Davenport Throw is the perfect choice for a chilly autumn night.
- Winter. Serve some warm coffees outdoors with The Alfresco Room’s Moss ceramic mugs. They’re the perfect size for you to wrap your hands around while taking in the chilly winter breeze.
- Spring. Liven up your outdoor entertaining space with some fresh cut flowers in a beautiful, bespoke two-tone bottle vase. A small arrangement of Australian native florals would set off the earthy tones of this vase.
If You’re Looking For A Sunshine Coast Outdoor Furniture Store, Head To The Alfresco Room
If you’re looking to bring the warmth, serenity, and beauty of Australia’s pristine beaches into your home, The Alfresco Room is your go-to Noosa outdoor furniture store. We’re dedicated to encapsulating the Sunshine Coast’s essence within our furniture and home decor, helping our customers create bespoke, luxurious atmospheres within their homes. We’re renowned on the Sunshine Coast for our gorgeous furniture, impeccable customer service, and our insightful, experienced design consultation service. If you’re after a luxury Sunshine Coast outdoor furniture store, visit us at our Noosaville shop or browse our range online today.
Bringing The Coast To You: 4 Tips To Integrating Beachside Furniture Into Your Home
When you live amongst the beauty of Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, you often find yourself incorporating bits and pieces of furniture, homewares, and decor into your home that reflect the serene environment in which you live. The Alfresco Room team is always inspired by the pristine beauty of the Sunshine Coast, so we run a coastal furniture store in Noosa! We’re here to give you four tips that will help you bring the stunning tranquillity of Queensland’s Sunny Coast into your home.
Choosing The Right Beachside Furniture
Before you start buying new lounges and tables, it’s best to sit back and ask yourself a few questions first.
- Which room are you redecorating? Are you creating a beach-inspired living room, an airy, summery alfresco dining space, or a seaside bedroom haven? Take it one room at a time and spread the coastal energy through the house slowly.
- How will the furniture be used? Do you plan on having friends and family over regularly, or are you looking for an outdoor lounge just for you? Understanding how the furniture will be used will help you figure out how big you need your furniture and select materials.
- What is the aesthetic of the room? You’re investing in coastal furnishings, so everything will have the beach’s light, breezy vibe. However, what is the overall aesthetic you’re trying to achieve? For example, for a modern coastal living room, The Alfresco Room’s Club Sofa is a good fit. In contrast, the Corda Outdoor Lounge is better if you’re attempting to emulate a mid-century bohemian bungalow vibe.
Colour Palette Is Everything
Colour schemes are such a personalised element of any room, as everyone has very varied tastes. The Alfresco Room team has come up with a few colour palettes to complement any coastal furnishings.
- Green is all around. When you think of the beach and complementary tones - we like to mimic nature and meet the bush with the beach. A wide range of green hues , such as our Daisy Wing Chair, will add calm and depth to any room and makes a perfect partner to any light natural or dark modern architectural palette.
- A stormy day. Capture the atmosphere of the beach on a rainy day by pairing charcoal with ivory tones. Use natural wood furniture, like this Woven Stool and pair it with charcoal accessories like this Matterhorn Rug.
- Earthy tones. Nothing looks quite as magical than pairing natural teak furniture with earthy browns, yellows, and greens. Try using this artwork entitled ‘Olive, Eclipse’ as your starting point for an earthy palette.
Do Something Unexpected
When it comes to interior design, the magic is in the details. While The Alfresco Room primarily sells beachside furniture in Noosa, we also stock a range of gorgeous homewares to polish off your design. Here are a few bold accessories that would make either an indoor or alfresco space pop.
- Copper-edged round mirrors. This set of three mirrors are so beautiful; they have the power to transform a room. The deep copper frame creates depth on the wall, and when paired with some contemporary art, these mirrors can tie a room together.
- The Smooth Teak console. The entryway or hallway of a home is often neglected, so we’re here to amend this issue. This gorgeous hall table will help you bring your beachside theme into every corner of the home.
- The ‘Imlay’ art piece. When you think of art to accompany your coastal furniture, you probably picture images of the beach. This artwork defies tradition, yet brings an intimacy and beauty to any beach-inspired home. This one-of-a-kind cast of a tree will capture the attention of anyone who sees it.
- Robert Gordon dinnerware. Blur the lines between indoor and alfresco dining with a set of earthenware crockery. Each of these high-fire porcelain pieces is unique and looks astounding on any table setting.
Make Sure The Coastal Theme Carries From Indoors To Outdoors
One of the key things you need to maintain when redesigning rooms in your home is consistency. Ideally, you want the same design nuances to carry from one room into the next. Here are a few tips to keeping everything consistent.
- Use the same materials room to room. For a coastal-inspired home, try to use lots of natural materials throughout the house. The Alfresco Room specialises in beachside furniture on the Sunshine Coast, so we have a large selection of furniture and homewares made from earthy materials, such as teak, cotton, and linen.
- Create open space. If possible, try to make your home open and breezy. Use plenty of natural light and blur the lines between indoors and alfresco living. This way, even if your furnishings don’t match completely, the rooms in your home will be inextricably linked.
For Beachside Furniture, Visit The Alfresco Room
If you’re looking to bring the warmth, serenity, and beauty of Australia’s pristine beaches into your home, The Alfresco Room is your go-to store for coastal furniture on the Sunshine Coast. We’re dedicated to encapsulating the Sunshine Coast’s essence within our furniture and home decor, helping our customers create bespoke, luxurious atmospheres within their homes. We’re renowned on the Sunshine Coast for our gorgeous furniture, impeccable customer service, and our insightful, experienced design consultation service. If you’re after coastal furniture in Noosa, visit us at our shop or browse our range online today.